We have a breastfeeding educator at APC who is available to help in our Little Rock location, and she can also answer many questions by phone. Please call us with your breastfeeding concerns. We encourage you to learn more about breastfeeding. Over 80% of moms choose this option for their newborns because breast milk contains all of the nutrients that babies needs to grow and thrive. Our staff gives you the support you need to overcome the early bumps in the road and ensure success.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) endorse breastfeeding because of the health benefits for both mother and baby:
- Babies who breastfeed for the first six months tend to have fewer ear infections, digestive issues and respiratory illnesses.
- Breast milk contains antibodies your baby needs to ward off infections during infancy.
- Breastfeeding is linked to lower rates of SIDS.
- Babies whose mothers choose breastfeeding have decreased risk for obesity, certain cancers, and diabetes.
- Mothers may have a decreased risk of osteoporosis and ovarian and breast cancers.